Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sweet Potato Waffles

Waffle irons are great! I love how they nicely put orderly and symmetrical miniature squares into food, while cooking from both sides. That is, regular waffle irons. We had a Bugs Bunny novelty waffle iron, and everything that came out of it was flat. No fluff anywhere! Not at all as I imagined Bugs Bunny being like in real life, unless he became roadkill. So I got rid of it-good riddance. Last night my MIL gave me their old waffle iron (they had replaced it with a belgian-style iron), after I mentioned that I needed to look into getting a normal one. I was very excited, and these are the result of my first adventure with a regular waffle iron.

These sweet potato waffles are good. I topped them with butter and cinnamon for the boys this morning, but my imagination is running wild with many variations.

1 med sweet potato, peeled and shredded (use larger shred size if choice between two)
4 eggs
1.5 TBSP coconut flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
Dash salt

Grease and preheat you waffle iron.  Combine all ingredients in a bowl- batter should be a little wet, but not swimming.
Spoon into waffle iron. Cook for four minutes, or until slightly browned.

*A future variation I'm going to try will be with pumpkin pie spices and topped with freshly whipped cream, chopped bacon and sprinkled with cinammon and nuts. "Oh yeah!" (Think Kool-Aid guy)      ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment